Saturday, March 3, 2012

A room of one's own - Fresh addition

Virginia Woolf once wrote an essay on the positive effects of having a room of one's own.
It is important.
 She famously wrote
'A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction'

I agree with half of this. I am hardly a Big money cash pimp.  I guess I am very middle class , but I am a bit of a struggling student. If I were to re-write her statement I would say:

 'A woman must have fresh possessions and a space of her own if she is to write fiction.'

Not just for writing, a room of one's own lets you house your ridiculousness.
Here are some of the things that make my room 'my own.'
Roller skates and Ukulele, Guitar in the background. My ukulele is called Lola.

Bookshelf (2 out of the five shelves)- with panda fan, Hello Kitty pez, Skull candle, Many books.

THE PONCHO and the blow up cactus.
I wear that poncho like all the time. I sleep in la poncho and when winter comes I will seriously never take it off. I like the cactus because the theme of my room is 'Nevada /wasteland/ Space' .



Signed photo, Painting, the Indian illusion.
The moon, Prince and lyrics from the Prince song. I love space , I love glow in the dark - everything in my room glows .
 Las Vegas clock, Cat purse .
Of course - Swag owl Jeff Goldblum. + petticoat.

 I did not include:
sick cat sticker, little mermaid and Hello kitty stickers
the planets,
two headed dinosaur,
Space Jam VHS,
All my wales Swag.
These are just some of my things  but chyeaaa.
If VW was around today I hope she would approve.
Das Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment